Yoga Alliance (YA) is the independent member organization that advances the development of yoga professionals and advocates for safety and accessibility in yoga. A related public charity, the Yoga Alliance Foundation (YAF), is an emerging field leader in yoga-based social impact.
Together, these two organizations support yoga teachers to more fully grow into their role as leaders in their communities. YA supports yoga teachers’ growth as professionals, giving them tools to effectively bring yoga into their communities. YAF develops vehicles for direct social impact, such as programs that enable teachers to serve within communities that have typically been excluded from yoga.
YA and YAF were founded to promote unity in yoga – so that all lineages, traditions and yoga organizations may thrive and all students may benefit from the gifts of yoga in the way that suits their needs best. We do this work so that the gifts of yoga can be offered effectively to more people.
Yoga Alliance is seeking an Application Development Manager to join its IT team. Reporting directly to the Vice President of IT, this position oversees the development, maintenance, enhancement, and implementation of applications, integrations, and interfaces across our web and database ecosystem. The application functionality and features include but are not limited to customer relationship management, marketing and communications, financial reporting and association (membership) management in support of Yoga Alliance business operations. This position will work very closely with staff across multiple departments and functions as well as external vendors and consultants to assess and address user, organizational needs and transformation.
- Plans, coordinates, supervises all activities related to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the full range of web applications and systems
- Translates user requirements to technical staff
- Directs and guides the managers, reviews different project requests, timeline and costs
- Develops, distributes, supports and integrates best practices and technology
- Design and architecture
- Recommending and implementing solutions meeting the YA business expectations and requirements
- Provide technical guidance on designs, review code and project artifacts
- Oversee the technical staff (in-house and vendors) in an agile and scrum-based process
- Plan and schedule software development
- Continuous integration
- Deployment and code management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline and/or the equivalent years of business experience
- Agile, Scrum and / or other relevant project management certifications are desired
- Must have good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with technical teams as well as cross-functional teams
- 8-10 years of well-rounded combination of technical architecture, software development, team and project management experience.
- Well-versed with a wide-range of technologies across web, database, integrations, interfaces, services and server side
- Strong working experience and appreciation for a wide-range of application development frameworks and emerging technologies (mobile, cloud, containers, micro-services etc.)
- Working knowledge of and passion for Agile and Scrum-based project management with ability to lead teams across different time zones
- Practical experience and appreciation for DevOps practices and processes that foster automation and collaboration with a goal to build, test and release software and products faster and reliably
- Experience working and / or good understanding of CRM (SalesForce or similar), CMS (DNN, WordPress, Drupal etc.) and AMS (Association Management Systems)
Strong working knowledge and / or a passion to explore and aptitude to quickly learn a wide range of frameworks, technologies and software development, testing, integration and deployment tools such as:
- Back-End – ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC and WebAPI, DNN (Platform and Module Development), Entity Framework, MVP/MVC/Repository Design Patterns, MS Messaging Queue, Server caching techniques, IOC
- Front-End – Visual Studio Code, Typescript, Angular 1.x and 5.x, Bootstrap, Angular Material Design, jQuery, Kendo UI, Telerik Web Forms controls, SASS
- Databases – MS SQL Server, MySQL
- Reporting & Analytics – Power BI, SQL Server Reporting and / or other comparable tools and processes
- Quality Assurance – MS Unit Tests, Selenium and / or other comparable tools and processes
- DevOps – Atlassian Suite of Tools (JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket etc.) highly preferred
- Code Repository – GitHub preferred
- Integrations - New Relic (Application Performance Monitoring), Mailchimp (Email Marketing), SendGrid (Transactions emails), Paypal (Payment gateway), Sage (Payment gateway), Google Analytics / Tag Manager, Site Improvement, HotJar