Position Title: Bilingual Member Support Representative II - Mandarin
Pay Rate: $24.00 per hour
Type: Full-time / 6 month contract
Yoga Alliance (YA) is a voluntary, member-based international association of more than 100,000 yoga schools and teachers that advances the development and livelihood of yoga professionals and advocates for the high-quality, safe, accessible, and equitable teaching and practice of yoga everywhere.
We are adjusting to new norms and finding creative solutions to support our members and the yoga community. We are currently seeking a Bilingual Member Support Representative II - Mandarin to join our team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll serve as Yoga Alliance’s first point of contact by responding to incoming questions by phone and email. You’ll be responsible for providing education and information about the Yoga Alliance credentialing system, policies, benefits of membership, account navigation, and more. You’ll also engage in proactive community outreach to support membership satisfaction and retention including supporting community conversations in Mandarin. You must be comfortable using technology platforms such as Microsoft Office, databases, ticketing systems, Association Management Systems, and/or Customer Relationship Systems.
- Provide high quality, personable, friendly, and professional customer service to respond to member needs and concerns
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Develop, draft, and share responses that align with Yoga Alliance’s culture, brand, and writing style guide
- Assist members with navigating the Association Management System to register, renew, submit continuing education, access benefits, and more
- Host and/or facilitate community conversations with members through digital events and community forums in Mandarin
- Translate email communications and membership related correspondences for members in Mandarin
- Relay accurate information to educate the community about Yoga Alliance standards, policies, member benefits, and initiatives
- Express complex concepts in a clear, diplomatic, and tactful manner
- Remain positive, composed, and professional while working with members in a fast-paced environment
- Act as a Tier 1 help desk agent to help members interact with our technology system
- Take the initiative to complete tasks and determine solutions to solve problems
- Engage in proactive outreach to welcome new members, build retention, and engage the community
- Work in a collaborative team environment as a leader to solve problems and remain flexible in a dynamic environment for an organization that is experiencing growth and positive change
- Support and address complex matters and member escalations.
- Report trending member interactions to management to help streamline the membership process to better serve our members.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bilingual ability to speak, comprehend, and write in English and Mandarin
- 2-4 years of work experience in customer service-oriented industry such as membership, retail, or hospitality
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Experience with responding to emails and phone calls for a business to align with an organizational writing style and brand
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to build positive working relationships
- Excellent technology skills: Microsoft Office, databases, software programs, tracking logs, AMSs, and CRMs
- Experience with writing articles or blogs for a business or experience with working in communications, marketing, and/or public relations
- Desire to support the yoga community and has an appreciation of yoga
- Routinely exceeded regular performance goals and metrics
- Ability to de-escalate difficult conversations.
OTHER THINGS ABOUT US
Our organizational values are Unity, Integrity, Inquiry, Equity, and Seva (Service). We are building a culture of employee empowerment, responsible stewardship, mutual respect and trust, and work/life balance.
- Competitive pay
- Remote work capability
Yoga Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.